Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Back to work

I was out of the loop for these past few weeks travelling in Southern Africa. It's the first family vacation with both parents and all three sisters that we've taken in over 15 years. I've never been away from the gallery that long, so it was a little scary to leave, but I knew Irma had everything under control in SF. It was a long long way to go, with 21 hours of flying each way. We travelled to 4 different countries while we were there, which added up to 14 separate flights throughout our whole trip! I've always been terrified to fly, so that was a pretty huge nightmare for me, but it was 100% completely worth it. It was the most incredible trip and I seriously cannot wait to go back. It was so beautiful and I don't think you can find nicer people in the entire world.

It was hard being away for so long and I'm excited to be back (despite the horrible jet lag) because we have two shows coming up that I've been looking forward to. The first is Allison Reimold's solo show at 88point5.com. She has new paintings and drawings and here are a couple previews for you...


Post Monkeys
Graphite on paper
12.5 x 17 inches
Framed: 16x20
$175.00


Owl's Flight
Oil
10.5 x 16.5 inches
Framed: 16x20
$175.00

Allison's show opens this Saturday at www.88point5.com, so stay tuned!

And then we also have Re Up opening Friday, October 16th in SF! This show features new work from Angry Woebots, Scribe, Mr. Jago, Deseo, Dia and Gaia. Such an awesome lineup! Here are a couple images from the show...


Scribe
"Interruption of Paul"
mixed media on wood


Gaia
"Rhetoric of Peace"
linoleum block print on mulberry paper

Can't wait for this new show, which opens one week from Friday! I'll post more images, so stay tuned!

Katie
G1988 SF

No comments: