Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New shows, new work

We just got in some of the new work for our February show, and let me tell you, it's gonna be so good! We have new work from 9 lovely ladies from around the globe, including Allison Sommers, Sarah Joncas, Cherri Wood, Mari Inukai, Kendra Binney, Nanami Cowdroy, Rebecca Artemisa Urias, Yoko d'Holbachie and Rachel Wong.

So far, I have images from Nanami and actual paintings and drawings in the gallery already from Sarah. Here are some early preview pics for you...


Sarah Joncas "Because Your Mine"

This is my first time working with Sarah, we've worked with her in LA, but never in San Francisco and I am very impressed! The work is a little darker than I expected, and there is a lot of depth to the women she paints. In her artist's statement, Sarah explains why each of her works features one female figure... "Similar to an alter-ego, I have manufactured this woman to express my own experiences and to denote messages which extend beyond the private realm. As I learn more and grow older, I find that she as well matures with me, from childhood to adulthood." Sarah will have 5 new paintings in the show and 2 drawings.



Nanami Cowdroy "Over Flow"



Nanami Cowdroy, limited edition N-Deck

Nanami is an incredible artist from Sydney, Australia that we've been working with for a little over one year. I fell in love with her work when I saw it online, but then when I saw it in person I liked it even more because the quality of her prints is amazing. She creates these mixed media compositions, and we sell the prints of her original pieces. I said it before when we first started working with her, and it's still true, that her prints are the absolute best quality prints I have ever seen. She likes to work large, so these prints are big and as sharp as can be. You can see every tiny detail in the piece. We have some of her prints in the LA gallery, so if you want to check them out in person you can stop by either G1988 San Francisco or Los Angeles. Nanami will have 6 framed prints in the show, one limited edition skate deck, and one Blowfish wall hanging.

The show opens February 6th and is called "Some Kind of Wonderful." I will post images from the other girls in the show over the next few weeks.

Happy Obama inauguration day!

Katie
G1988 San Francisco

No comments: