Saturday, April 26, 2008

Thank you, Roland!

I had the best time last night at Roland Tamayo's opening reception. It's an amazing show and I want to thank everyone who came out. We had a HUGE turnout! It was packed!



I want to give a big thank you to Roland, his wife Joy and their family. I have never seen a more supportive family in my entire life. It was really incredible, Roland had friends and family fly in from across the country. Some came all the way from Florida!

Roland's first solo show was a huge success and I'm so happy we were able to a part of it! I cannot say enough nice things about him and I LOVE his work. I now own three Tamayo pieces, this being the new addition to my collection...



I haven't bought a piece in a very long time, so I'm really excited to bring this one home!

Again, a huge thank you to Roland and his wonderful family for making last night a blast!

Now I get to start working on these puppies...



Yep! We're making a new Scott Campbell set! Not quite ready yet, but soon... Hooray!

Katie
G1988 SF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had a great time at the opening reception and was just overwhelmed at the turnout. I'm glad I had the chance to see Roland's artistry in person. I can now say I am a proud owner of a Tamayo piece. I may be a little biased since I know Roland, but I've have not yet begun to know him as an artist and from what I've seen from his work, I see a big future for him. Although I have no other opening experience to base my opinion on, I must say that you put together quite a show. I look for the upcoming shows from your gallery as well as Roland.