Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Battle For My Affection



In staying with the G1988 memories theme (refer back to Jensen's post a few days ago), this piece has a pretty cool story too. For the second year of I Am 8-Bit (R.I.P.) back in 2006, IGN held a contest where artists could submit videogame themed work for the I Am 8-Bit show at our gallery, and the winning piece would then be featured in the show. Well, "Battle For My Affection" by Roland Tamayo was the winner by a landslide and one of my personal favorites from the entire show. I love the piece so much, that I now own it! Roland was actually a customer of our gallery and we never knew he was an artist until this contest. Since then, we've worked with Roland in a ton of shows in LA and SF and we are so excited to be hosting his very first solo show, which opens in 10 days!!! I can't believe it's already here! I feel like a proud parent cause we've been with Roland from the begining of his gallery career and I have a lot of love for him.

The reason I posted a pic of "Battle For My Affection" is because we're making prints of it for Roland's new show!

Last week, Roland sent me this photo of a few new paintings that will be in the show. These are not quite finished yet, but take a look...



The cat is not for sale.

Katie
G1988 San Francisco

No comments: