Monday, June 25, 2007

Just the Start

MTV's totally unknown Movies Blog just made my early afternoon. Behold the first image from the set of the Spike Jonze directed, Dave Eggers written, "Where The Wild Things Are."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Very rarely do films based on my favorite lit actually live up to my expectations (i.e. Tim Burton's Willy Wonka, Nip/Tuck dude's Running With Scissors, etc.), although some seem to live forever (i.e. Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka, Batman Begins, etc.) - but man, am I ready for this shit. This picture is just fueling my eagerness to start lining up now at the Arclight (and by then I can get my childhood 818 on, as they did just announce a new Arclight in Sherman Oaks, a city very close to where I actually read the Wild Things book for the first time).

It's my day off, so an art-less blog post seems logical. But am I the only one excited to see this awesome production still?

Jensen
G1988: LA

2 comments:

steven said...

So dope!
Favorite children's book.
One of the reason's I wanted to make children's books!
Can't wait!

Travis Louie said...

That still looks remarkable
It conjures up so ,many things for me, . . that book is the reason why I paint what I paint