Wednesday, November 11, 2009

N.Y.ou

Recently I was asked to speak at NYU's prestigious Stern School of Business and obviously responded with a quick, "Are you sure you have the right guy?" Once I got over the initial shock, I accepted the invitation and found myself speaking in front of an undergraduate class today.



Having never stepped foot in a business course during my years at USC, I bring a rather different approach to a class like this. I don't own a suit, most of our biggest deals (including past dealings with large corporations) work off a handshake, and I don't have many distinct answers for "How did you do it?" type questions. But I do tell my story, which does start with this...



...and focuses on the concept of doing something you love and creating/promoting product you believe in. I want to thank all the students in the class who were able to at least fake some interest and David Obstfeld for hooking it up. After a few of these, I'm hoping more opportunities to speak come up soon.



Jensen
G1988:LA

No comments: