Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Admit

I'm the first to admit I'm prone to hyperbole. But not because I don't believe what I'm saying. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

But after getting our first piece for 2010's "Under The Influence: Masters of the Universe" show, I have to say this:

Robert Burden's piece for this show is the best piece we've ever shown.

That's the truth. Battlecat has never looked so good.



The detail in this oil painting is just mind-blowing. There isn't much I can say that isn't blowing your mind right now while looking at the picture...except for this -



That's Robert next to the piece. Holy cow. Absolutely epic.

Not sure your brain can take anymore....but if it can, here's a time lapse video that Robert made showing the creation of this beast in 420 man hours! I'd pay $10 to see this in a theatre. It even has a sequel tease at the end.



I am so amped to pay tribute to He-Man and the Master of the Universe alongside Mattel in January 2010. And you should be too! Thanks to Robert to stepping everybody's game up! Going to be incredible.

Jensen
G1988: LA

6 comments:

Israel S said...

Wow!!!!!

Neil said...

By the power of Greyskull!!!!

Kristin Forbes-Mullane said...

Amazing work! That peice is huge!

Dr Mum said...

Holy mackeral ...I really enjoyed that video.
I used to show my students a realtime videotape of an artist drawing a quince tree.....
Times have changed?

Unknown said...

Marry me.

Heidi Alamanda said...

The color and the detail are just amazing. Wow