Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Aw Man

And the best delivery of artwork for an upcoming show of all time goes to......Allison Torneros! Since she is on a well deserved vacation out of the country, leaving right after college graduation, saying good bye to her best school pals and Bob Golic as a dorm advisor (Saved by the Bell: The New Class, anyone?), Allison had a bud of hers drop off her 2 pieces for the TOYS! show -



I'm not kidding. Allison had a friend, dressed as a pot leaf, promoting an LA medical marijuana clinic, bring in the artwork. It was rather incredible and surreal. But he didn't really think it was a big deal. He was actually really over my "Am I in a David Lynch film?" response. He was like, "Dude, here are the paintings. I have a job to do." I'm a not a weed guy, but I'm tending to think peope who just see this dude walking around, doing errands to friends, immediately feel like they are...or on peyote. And yes, the paintings are wrapped in Spongebob beach towels.

Wanna see what Allison delivered? Come see her two Barbie-inspired beauties on April 1 when we open TOYS at our LA location, 7-10 PM!

Jensen
G1988: LA

2 comments:

Quid Squid said...

you seem to be holding an item wrapped in a Disney Princess decor...not Spongebob. and not just any princess, that is Belle from Beauty & the Beast. you can make fun of me for knowing that now.

Anonymous said...

Ah, kamikazesquid beat me to it. I feel it to be my duty to pipe up whenever I see anything Disney as I used to work there.