Monday, August 27, 2007

THAT good....

I rarely ever reccomend a movie and have no doubts or fears that the person I'm suggesting it to will 100% totally fall in love with the movie. I mean, the forgettable Tom Hanks vehicle "The Burbs" is one of my fav movies of all time, so I know my boundaries. BUT....



Although a bit late, the documentary (now in theatres) "King of Kong," is brilliant. You must go see it, and don't tell me that you don't want to see a "video game movie." That would be like calling "Citizen Kane" a movie about newspapers. It's a documentary chronicling an almost 20 year history (that includes corruption, rivalry and disappointment able to make our present day government look tame) of the high score for 1980's video game, Donkey Kong. Rumor has a scripted movie in the works based on the doc, but there is NO written dialogue that can match what it said in reality during the hour and fifteen minutes this film runs. Finding itself in the world of "Crumb," "American Movie," "Beyond the Mat" and "Capturing the Friedmans" - "King of Kong" is an incredible real life story.

If I make you go see it, please tell me what you think.

Jensen
G1988: LA

No comments: