Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy 2009!

The SF and LA galleries close this week every year to take a small break and relax a little bit. I'm down in Jamaica right now, in the middle of nowhere and it is amazing. We just watched a small group of dolphins swim by! This place is incredible!

This is the first time I've had internet access since being here, so we really do feel out of touch from the rest of the world. I was a little nervous checking my email that something might have gone horribly wrong at home since we've been away. But everything is fine!

I'm returning home soon to get back to work and kick off our 2009 schedule! We have two great shows coming up that we're working on in SF. The first is our new www.88point5.com show featuring the super talented Tom Haubrick.



The show opens on January 5th at www.88point5.com. Jensen and I are both really excited for this one! Take a look at Tom's website in the meantime to check out his artwork... http://haubscomix.com

Then on Jan. 9th we open Nathan Stapley's solo show "Faces and Spaces."



Before I left for Jamaica, I spoke to Nathan and he plans on delivering 100 small paintings for the show! I was so excited when I heard this, the gallery is going to look awesome and there will be a ton of work in the show! It's also the first time we'll have live music in the SF gallery. Nathan's little brother is going to perform at the opening!

I hope you all have a relaxing New Year and we'll see you soon! Our 2009 show schedules for SF and LA are really impressive, so get ready!

Katie
G1988 San Francisco

No comments: