Friday, August 1, 2008

Poster Postings

It takes a lot for me to geek out. I'm not easily impressed in other words. But Crazy 4 Cult is the one show a year where every entry just makes me wanna scream in joy. Like when Kathie Olivas posted this genius teaser on message boards depicting the creepy twins from The Shining -



INSANELY GOOD. And now I'm geeked out. Just like that. Maybe it is easier than I thought.

But the one thing I can say I've been geeked out on since the idea was tossed around is Andrew Wilson's Crazy 4 Cult 2 poster. Andrew is a 1988 frequent contributer, and artist at Rockstar Games San Diego, who put in over 130 man hours to create this beauty, which puts hundreds of cult icons, done in his classic Post It Pets, in a line waiting to enter the highly anticipated art show. This is so cool, I'm not even sure the blog can do it justice. It's 39 1/2 x 12 inches and amazing. And only $35! A steal. And these will first be available at Crazy 4 Cult 2 on August 22nd. Here is a large pic, and some details...









SO PERFECT. The detail is bonkers. You can even see last year's cult poster hanging in there. And yes, we will be doing a contest to see who can name all of the references...

You HAVE TO pick one of these up.

Jensen
G1988: LA


No comments: