Sunday, June 1, 2008

Baby Steps and An Announcement to Make Him Smile

I want to thank everyone who sent their thoughts and prayers out to my father, me and my family during the last week, and especially those who sent emails or posted comments during such a hard time. I'd be lying if I said I'm in top shape, but (no lie) the only time I have felt gusts of energy or the presence of my Dad, has been when I'm responding to emails in my Gallery inbox. I know he wants to me keep going, and since I got every ounce of business ethic and sense from my father, I think he's just telling me to keep it up. I wanted to individually thank a few gallery-ish people who don't share DNA with me, as without them I'm not sure where I'd be. I know it reads like an end of the year High School newspaper with a Senior Will page, but I'm allowed.

The most supportive business partner ever, Katie. I thank you for your help this weekend and the friendship you had with my dad. I know he cherished it.
Becky Ruud. I know we can talk about it in different ways than everyone else, beyond you saving our weekends for the past few months, which I thank you for.
Greg and Jenn Simkins. Family. To me and to him.
Cory Benhatzel. You've saved our everyday business the past few months, and I thank you for that.
Brandi Milne. It's more important than art. And I thank you.
Jeff McMillan. I'll always be there for you, and now I know you'll do the same
Matt Dangler and his father. Thank you for your care, concern and prayers. I know you both helped.
The staff and friends at StrangeCO. Thank you.
Isaac Pierro. A good person, which I don't say much about anyone.
Misha and Todd. At least he still makes you laugh.

Include these people with family, friends and the GREATEST and most incredible girlfriend who has ever been allowed on this Earth, and I find myself so thankful to have a support system I didn't know existed, but am so sad I had to find out about at the same time. We said goodbye to him at a beautiful service this weekend, but trust me, it's not the last time you'll feel him around the gallery. Again, thank you to everyone.

And we extended our current show, "One to Grow On," so now it will end June 10. I'll be posting about a special weekend engagement on the 13th and our Matt Dangler solo show on the 19th in this next week. So you do have some more time to come see this amazing show in LA!

And now, on a MUCH BRIGHTER NOTE.....I'm pleased to announce the subjects of our 2009 "Under the Influence" series opening in January 2009....following our tribute last year to Stan Lee...



Yup. In January 2009, we'll be holding "Under The Influence: An Artistic Tribute to the Beastie Boys," where almost 100 artists will create pieces inspired by the legacy and 20 year career of these pioneers. Get in line now. And yes, they are involved.

Jensen
G1988: LA

1 comment:

Caro said...

jensen, my thoughts and prayers are with you *big big hugs*