Saturday, May 24, 2008

So long, Scott!



Scott Campbell stopped by the SF gallery today and I have some very sad news. Scott is leaving San Francisco and moving to NYC the second week of June. This is sad news for me, but great news for all of you in NY. Scott is a very good friend of mine and someone who made my transition from LA to SF a lot easier.

We were just becoming friends when I decided to move back to SF and if you've met Scott, you know how fun he is to hang out with. He's that person you always look forward to seeing. He was also a G1988 SF supporter from the very begining, when it was still fantasy that we would open a second gallery in San Francisco. He was there at the grand opening of SF and has been to almost every single show we've had since.

Although Scott is moving all the way to NY, he'll still work with us in SF and LA, including Crazy 4 Cult 2 this August. He's already started his piece for the show, which brings together all of his favorite cult characters into one scene. Today he compared it to making the best mix tape of all time. That's all I'm going to say for now. You'll have to wait a little longer to see the piece, but we know it's going to be AMAZING.

I know he hasn't left yet, but I am going to miss Scott very much.

Katie
G1988 SF

No comments: