Friday, May 2, 2008

LoWell

Back in the mix of the gallery here in LA after a few day vacation to Lowell, MA. I know you may not have heard of it, and you'd wonder why I didn't just visit Boston (45 minutes away), but I was visiting my friend who is currently co-directing "This Side of The Truth" with Ricky Gervais, a comedy set to release in 2009. The movie also stars Rob Lowe, Jen Garner, Jonah Hill, Louis C.K., Jeffrey Tambor, Jon Hodgeman, Tina Fey and some other HUUUUGE names that haven't quite been announced yet. I had a great time hanging out, playing GTA IV (which Ricky actually has a big cameo in) and just getting away. Oh, here's Lowell. I feel a little like Ansel Adams, cause the city isn't as dope as the picture I took.



And although I can't show you any photos from the set (it's more secretive than a government spy mission), you can see some for yourself at the film's official blog, http://rickygervais.com/thissideofthetruth.php. I did take a picture of the best scene I saw all trip...



I woke up to this classic on my last day in town, and quickly grabbed my camera. It's not every day that you can wake up to the Jesse Spano/caffeine pills episode of "Saved By The Bell." Hearing her scream "I'm so excited....I'm so....scared" put a smile on my face that only a double cheeseburger from The Maxx could cover. Sorry it's not Tina Fey doing a spit take, but I mean, this has to be a close second.

But we are full swing with installing the Peter Gronquist "The Revolution Will Be Fabulous" show. It opens tomorrow night, a rare Saturday event for us, with a reception from 7-10 PM. The show only lasts a week or so, so keep that in mind. Here's a pic of one of the walls:



It's really so awesome, I can't tell you. ALSO, we started seeing these hanging on phone lines all over LA last night, and couldn't help but know it ties into our show.



Keep your eyes to the skies. I hope see a lot of you tomorrow night. It's really a different kind of show here, and I'll give you the promise that you'll enjoy it. If you don't, come up to me, and I will write a poem about you. On the spot. Now that's a promise you can count on, Ron (already rhyming).

Jensen
G1988: LA

No comments: